FUNDING PARTNERS AND OTHER PARTNERS:
1. The International Brain Research Organization (IBRO)
The International Brain Research Organization (IBRO), or in French, l’Organisation internationale de recherche sur le cerveau, was incorporated 29 March 1961 by the Senate of Canada.
The objectives of IBRO are:
- To develop, support, co-ordinate and promote scientific research in all fields concerning the brain;
- To promote international collaboration and interchange of scientific information on brain research throughout the world;
- To provide for and to assist in education and the dissemination of information relating to brain research by all available means.
Visit IBRO Website: http://www.ibro.info
2. IBRO - Brain Campaign
The Brain Campaign is a joint venture between IBRO (the International Brain Research Organization), DABI (the Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives), SfN (the Society for Neuroscience), EDAB (the European Dana Alliance for the Brain) and FENS (the Federation of European Neuroscience Associations). Increasing public awareness worldwide in regard to the contributions made by brain research and its application to human diseases is its primary goal.
Visit IBRO – Brain Campaign Website: http://www.braincampaign.org
University of Nairobi Vision
3. The University of Nairobi
A world-class university committed to scholarly excellence.
University of Nairobi Mission
To provide quality university education and training and to embody the aspirations of the Kenyan people and the global community through creation, preservation, integration, transmission and utilization of knowledge
Visit the University of Nairobi Website: http://www.uonbi.ac.ke
4. Society of Neuroscientists of Africa (SONA)
SONA is a non-profit organization registered in Nairobi, Kenya and functions as the umbrella organization for the regional and national neuroscience societies and groups in Africa. The society's mandate is to promote research and teaching in neuroscience in Africa.
As part of its activities, SONA publishes a newsletter twice a year and holds an international conference every two years.
Visit the SONA Website: http://sona.ibro.info
5. The International Brain Bee
The International Brain Bee is a not-for-profit neuroscience competition for high school students. Directed by founder Dr. Norbert Myslinski of the University of Maryland, the Brain Bee is an attempt to motivate students to learn about the brain, to capture their imaginations, and to inspire them to pursue careers in biomedical brain research. There are currently about 70 Local Brain Bee coordinators worldwide that conduct competitions annually. The winner of each Local Bee is invited to attend a National Brain Bee competition in his or her own country, and the winner of each National Bee is invited to compete in the International Brain Bee Championship.
Visit the International Brain Bee Website: http://www.internationalbrainbee.com
6. Society for Neuroscience, USA
SfN's mission is to:
- Advance the understanding of the brain and the nervous system by bringing together scientists of diverse backgrounds, by facilitating the integration of research directed at all levels of biological organization, and by encouraging translational research and the application of new scientific knowledge to develop improved disease treatments and cures.
- Provide professional development activities, information, and educational resources for neuroscientists at all stages of their careers, including undergraduates, graduates, and postdoctoral fellows, and increase participation of scientists from a diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Promote public information and general education about the nature of scientific discovery and the results and implications of the latest neuroscience research. Support active and continuing discussions on ethical issues relating to the conduct and outcomes of neuroscience research.
- Inform legislators and other policymakers about new scientific knowledge and recent developments in neuroscience research and their implications for public policy, societal benefit, and continued scientific progress.
Visit SfN Website:http://www.sfn. org
7. The DANA Foundation: The Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives
What Dana Does:
- Shares Knowledge
- Sponsors Events
- Reports News
- Supports Scientists
- Supports Arts Education
Visit the DANA Foundation Website: http://www.dana.org
8. The International Society for Neurochemistry (ISN)
The aims of the ISN are
- To facilitate the worldwide advancement of neurochemistry and related neuroscience disciplines
- To foster the education and development of neurochemists, particularly of young and emerging investigators
Visit ISN Website: http://www.neurochemistry.org
9. Accord Healthcare (Kenya) ltd
A subsidiary of Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Visit Website: http://accord-healthcare.com/corporate_profile.htm
10. The International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy
Visit ICTP Website: http://www.ictp.it
11. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, Paris, France
Visit UNESCO Website: http://www.unesco.org